- Packed with vitamin C.
- Picking season is mid-June to early July.
- Look for bright red, dry, medium-sized berries.
- Wash before eating or freezing. Freeze whole or chopped.
- Good for vitamin C, vitamin A and calcium.
- Picking season is mid-July to mid-August.
- Look for large, bright-coloured berries.
- Raspberry bushes grow high off the ground, so you only need to wash them if you find dirt on the berries.
- Good for vitamin C, fibre, and packed with anti-oxidants.
- Picking season is July and August.
- Look for firm, large berries (lowbush type are smaller)
Freeze berries by spreading them in a single layer on a cookie sheet and place in freezer until solid. Pack in freezer bags or air-tight containers.
Visit www.pickyourown.org to find picking locations worldwide!
– Written for the July issue of Mom’s Moments. www.momsmoments.ca/pdfs